Create account / Log in

Card Activated Button Timing

Talk about module design ideas and techniques.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Card Activated Button Timing

Postby Kelin » March 9th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to produce an automated effect where when a specific card from deck "B" lands in its discard pile it does two things.

1. Reshuffles 3 separate decks "A.1/A.2/A.3" back into their parent deck "A".

-and then-

2. Draws 1 new card from parent deck "A" into each of the three discard decks "A.1/A.2/A.3".

I have successfully created the first effect using a window wide hotkey for units ending in that particular map window. I have tried to use the same hotkey in order to trigger effect #2 using buttons created from three At-Start-Stacks but when the cards are reshuffled back into the parent deck, effect #2 does not happen immediately.

HOWEVER, if I move the specific card and let it end on the map window again it will draw the cards and place them appropriately. I believe what is happening is that both effects are triggering at the same time instead of one after the other.

I'm sure there is a simple fix to make the effects trigger sequentially. I have played around with Trigger Actions and I am sure there is a way to use expressions within that trait to accomplish my goal but I do not know enough about entering expressions to get it to work.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Kelin

Return to Module Design