How to play Midway in Vassal

Hello boys…
I live in Italy (Florence) and in the Seventies and Eighties (I have grey hair…) I was a fan of boardgames and I realize also two or three (I speak of strategy air-naval scenarios), then, with the advent of the computer, I abandoned paper maps , markers and pencils to devote myself to what’s new offering technology.
But now, without disregarding the PC (I’m especially enjoy with flight simulation and war strategy games) I’m rediscovering old games and I dusted off the boxes titles such as Midway, Flight Leader, Harpoon, Normandy, Afrika Korps and others.
Searching the internet I discovered Vassal and it intrigued me.
I loaded, for example, the module Midawy and it’s really interesting.
However, despite knowing the original rules of boargame, I find it difficult to carry them on Vassal and playing Midway (first as solitaire and then possibly with a my friend).
I would like to know if there is a manual of the game (Midway for Vassal, I mean, I have the paper manual), to understand how to move the ships, how to position planes in the CV, haow to ready airplanes, how do reconnaissance, how conduct air strikes or naval battles etc. in short, as you develop the game in the various stages of the battle.
The better thing would be a step-by-step tutorial.

Thank you for the attention, Steve.

hi steve
I share more or less your wargaming career…ftf boardgaming during the 80’…PC in the 90’…
I do not know very well Midway but I played a lot both ftf and Vassal FLAT TOP, that is somethig similar. Well, it is very hard to play that kind of game using vassal PBEM. The level of interaction between gamers in games where for example you search on the map, is very high and the only way to re-create this with vassal is playing live using skype (if you have time!). Or, as I did in the past, using a refree in a double blind PBEM game. Vassal is simply a virtual game board and counters, you are supposed to know the rules of the game and it fits perfectly in games where the play sequence is I-go-you-go. If more interaction is needed then it will slow down according to the level of interaction (example…defender retreats 2 hexes due to combat…where will you go if more than one option?..send a mail and wait for the opponent choice…).
Anyway this is my opinion, open to suggestions from fellow gamers.
cheers
Luca
PS you can contact me in italian if you want, I live there too…

Ditto to the previous comment. Are there any instructions on how to play Flat Top using Vassal? Can anyone tell me if the module even works? The tile folders seem to be empty, and there seems to be no connectivity between the different screens.

Hmmm… I’m interested in acquiring this game (lost out on an unpunched copy in an eBay auction just yesterday!!) Anyway, once I get it, if it’s as interesting as I think it might be, I may commit to creating a good VASSAL module for it.