Extension causes wrong counter to be placed by menu command

In the Next War: Korea module with the extension, when adding a marker using the right click menu the first counter in the extension is placed instead of the marker.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load Next War: Korea module 1.1 with extension NWK Replacement Counters.vmdx .95 from Vassal site.
  2. Start a new game offline and choose setup 1. Seoul Train as .
  3. Right click on any unit on the map and choose any command from the Markers sub-menu under Menus.
  4. Note that the PRC 1/1GA HQ appears, rather than the chosen maker. This counter appears whatever command is chosen from the sub-menu. This is the first counter in the extension, if it is deleted the next counter becomes the one that is always placed.

I can work around this behavior by going into the Prototype named Place Markers and re-selecting the counter for the command to place. However, the Refresh Counters tool throws an error that the module doesn’t have GPIDs when used. Even this I can work around by deactivating the extension, at which point the Refresh Counters tool will once again work. The only problem is that the extension has a map with reinforcement counters on it which will not be Refreshed.

Bump.

This is on Vassal 3.2.15 and occurs across Operating Systems.

Thus spake revnye via messages:

Bump.

This is on Vassal 3.2.15 and occurs across Operating Systems.

Have you asked the module’s developer (John Rainey) about the problem?

J.

He asked me to look into the problem for him. As the original message says, I tried a number of things and worked around as much as I could.

Now that I have unloaded and reloaded the module several times, the at start counters on the separate map are working just fine when you create a new game. When I make the map a button on the toolbar and open an existing scenario, none of the “at start stack” counters from the extension appear and the Refresh Counters tool throws an error that the module doesn’t have GPIDs, even though I see them in the buildfile. With the extension deactivated the Refresh Counters tool works, but doesn’t affect counters from the extension. I am trying to avoid setting up every scenario again, since that is what the Refresh Counters tool is for. This applies to the 1.2 version of the module I uploaded recently, with the original extension file.