Count cards in player hand?

Hey, I’m sorry if this is a really stupid question that’s already been answered a thousand times, but is there a way to count the number of cards in a “player hand” window if the cards could be in any particular location and are not in specific stacks?

I would like to have this feature for my Apples to Apples game so that people can see how many cards each player has in his hand or so that I can at least put a limit of seven cards on each hand.

Yes - use a Module Global Property in conjunction with a couple of Trigger Action (ToHand / LeaveHand) on the cards while implementing Apply key to all pieces that end movement on map Key (in Map Dialogue, last field)

Each time a card enters the players hand, have the ToHand trigger fire increasing the value of the global property by one using the Set Global property trait.
Each time a card leaves the players hand have the other trigger fire (LeaveHand) to dectrase the global property by one ( you can use the same Set GP trait as the keys will be different

Your triggers will require use of the Property Match Filters to prevent firing off unintentionally such as movement within the actual map/player hand

I’m also trying to find a way to assign a visible count inside a player’s hand for the number of cards in hand. Your post was enough to point me in the right direction, but even after exploring the documentation I can’t figure out how to make it work. Here’s what I’ve got so far:

Each card has a Set Global Property telling the Global Property “Hand Count” to increase by 1. Each card also has two trigger actions, one for entering a player’s hand and one for leaving it. Each trigger watches for the keystroke assigned when a unit ends movement in a player’s hand, then performs it’s own keystroke. That second keystroke is looked for by the Change-Property Toolbar Button (Global Property) that is part of each player’s hand.

This is where I’m stuck. Where would the global property report? I know I’m missing several components for this to work, but I don’t know how to find out what. Are there any modules that make use of counting cards in a player’s hand I could look at?

I also don’t know how to use matching properties to prevent each card’s Set Global Property from triggering when it moves to a non-player hand window, but I haven’t researched that yet.