Trying to run Arkham Horror

Hello people, fairly new so I’d really like some help with this.

So I’m trying to get Arkham Horror to run and I think the program finally will run it(The load time was insane) but slight problem. I don’t see the map. I mean everything else seems loaded up but there’s no ‘game board’ on any of the screens and nothing says how to load it up.

Help please? Kinda want to run the game either before Halloween or on Halloween.

Thus spake MerlinCross:

Hello people, fairly new so I’d really like some help with this.

So I’m trying to get Arkham Horror to run and I think the program
finally will run it(The load time was insane) but slight problem. I
don’t see the map. I mean everything else seems loaded up but there’s no
‘game board’ on any of the screens and nothing says how to load it up.

You likely have the divider between the chat pane and the map pulled
all the way to the bottom of the window.

Tiling all the images accounts for initial load time. Subsequent load
times will be much shorter.

J.

That seemed to be the issue. Thanks.

Other note, err what should I download? I currently have the 1_1 module but there’s a more recent ‘base game’ and ‘base game decks’. Suggestion?

Edit: Um never mind I found out what to do. Sorry about that.

Me again. I hate double posting but I hate making a new topic too.

Found out what to download, have the game running. But I can’t figure out how to lower the player count. Can someone help?

How do you mean lower the player count?

Unfortunately the way VASSAL was designed years and years ago is that at the module level, a number of player sides is defined. People design modules for the maximum number of players that could conceivably play the game simultaneously. When users run the modules, that number of available player sides can’t be modified (i.e., you can’t “disable” any). You have as many people as you want join the game, then any remaining player sides are simply left alone and go unused.

The game is working, how ever, there all the cards in the Common items are with out text. I have added text, but need to rescale the puictures, let me know if anyone is interested in uploading it.

Thats because of the following (from the module page comments section)

“As per FFG policy, all common item card texts are blank to ensure players own a copy.”

I’ll be re-releasing the module with full images when I get the chance. Working on Star Wars X Wing right now.