Connection Box Won't Save Settings

As a result of being unable to connect thru the Vassal server (see: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8225) my friend and I switched to using peer-to-peer.

That is working OK - we have the occasional disconnect, but at least we can play. I was running Vassal 3.2.15 on Windows XP.

Now I have purchased a new Windows 8.1 desktop and installed Vassal 3.2.15 on it. We’ve been having the same playing experience but there is one really annoying difference. When I connect to him and add him in the Connection box and type in his IP address, Vassal never remembers it for the next session - I always have to type it in again at the start of each gaming session.

Is this something that is happening with Windows 8.1 and not XP? My Java version on the new desktop is 8.0.450

The Java site has this warning: “Downloading and installing Java will only work in Desktop mode on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1” Is that anything to do with this problem?

Bump - still having the same problem.

Now Windows 10, Java is “Update 60”, version 8.0.600.27. Vassal version is 3.2.15.

Still works fine on my old XP machine.

I suspect you’re having a permissions problem with the settings directory. Do other settings persist between runs if you change them?

With a different vmod, there’s no problem. Same opponent so same IP. With one module it always is blank when starting, with another, the last connection info is there when starting.