Vassal Case Blue quits and disappears

On 10/20/2015 I purchased a new iMac and downloaded the newest version of Vassal, Java and Case Blue/Guderian’s Blitzkrieg II. I’ve started 5 games. One froze when moving a supply token and on the other 4 after 15 to 20 minutes the game disappeared and said there was an unexpected error related to Java so I reinstalled Java and it happened again. Can anyone give me some insight into a fix?
Thanks
Doug Bauer

10/21/15
I reloaded Vassel and CB/GB module again and used the installed version of Java on my new iMac and the same thing happened.
Details: I started a new game, play for a few minutes, waited a couple of hours, game was still up, played 290 seconds and game quit.
Report stated:
Quit Unexpectedly
Crashed thread: 19 Java: AWT-EVENTQUEWE-0
Exception type: EXC-BREAKPOINT(SIGTRAP)
Exception code: 0x0000000000000002-0x00000000000000
Exception note: EXC-CORPSE-NOTIFY

So do I try to get help from Apple, Java, or return the iMac?

Doug Bauer

Thus spake bauerdb via messages:

10/21/15
I reloaded Vassel and CB/GB module again and used the installed version
of Java on my new iMac and the same thing happened.
Details: I started a new game, play for a few minutes, waited a couple
of hours, game was still up, played 290 seconds and game quit.
Report stated:
Quit Unexpectedly
Crashed thread: 19 Java: AWT-EVENTQUEWE-0
Exception type: EXC-BREAKPOINT(SIGTRAP)
Exception code: 0x0000000000000002-0x00000000000000
Exception note: EXC-CORPSE-NOTIFY

So do I try to get help from Apple, Java, or return the iMac?

Doug Bauer

That’s not a bug in VASSAL. Java programs by definition cannot crash
a correctly written JRE, so it has to be a bug either in the version
of Java you’re using or something on which it depends, like some
driver or your OS.

J.

After working with Apple and downloading a 2014 version of Java, it worked fine until 5:59 PM when the automatic Java update occurred and it quit, giving the same report. I tried to shut down the automatic update and it isn’t possible on the iMac. So the iMac goes back to Best Buy tomorrow.
Doug Bauer

On an Apple forum (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6438787), somebody suggested running this in Terminal to disable Java auto-update:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.oracle.java.Java-Updater JavaAutoUpdateEnabled -bool false