Twilight Struggle module version 3.1.2 uploaded

I just got back from WBC, but I’ll take a look at it as soon as I can.

• M.

I have just bumped into an error when playing “Ask not what your country” card, as event for USA. I discarded two cards and got another two that were already in the discard pile. The module crashes when trying to play any of these.

Thanks!

We played a game with this version and had an error pop up after playing the card that cancels the opponents headline. I forget exactly but it was along the lines of ‘card unplayable’. When we hit mid-war we each only received around 4 cards. It seems the discard reshuffle and midwar card inclusion failed. We packed it in at that point.

Are you referring to Defectors?

I’m not aware of a problem with that card. If you right click on it in the Headline Phase, it will all be greyed out as it’s not an event. It merely prevents you from playing the other card in the Headline Phase (whose menu is also greyed out). You should just be able to advance the turn tracker.

As for the cards, there’s a problem that crops up occasionally. I have yet to track it down. From what I understand it’s rare enough that I’ve never seen it personally. However, it’s a showstopper. I will attempt to spend another stretch of time trying to track that one down.

Hey hey,

Found a bug we couldn’t get past playing this

USSR was under the effects of cuban missile crisis

US played Ortega

Card says USSR ‘may’ coup but USSR wanted to decline to as it would lose them the game

Couldn’t find a way past the popups requiring the USSR to use the ops points to coup somewhere (which then resolved correctly as a game loss)

Actually played around with the save game for this one a little more and the COUP target is also not restricted to countries adjacent to Nicuagua.

So even when cuban missile crisis is not in effect this bug not only allows an illegal move it FORCES one if there isn’t actually a legal coup target in the region concerned!!

Really good upgrade to the module (although now totally unforgiving for the novice player).

Just an add to the post regarding Cuban Missile Crisis. You get exactly the same problem with Che - even though the card says the USSR ‘may’ make a coup attempt, the module forces you to do so and thereby lose the game.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
I cannot play “Red Scare/Purge” as the USSR for anything but Ops. It is greyed out as a Headliner and as an event.
It’s a neutral card which should be playable by both sides as an event and as a Headliner, shouldn’t it?
Thank you for the module, btw.

Are you sure you’re not playing the Chinese Civil War variant? In CCW, the USSR cannot play Red Scare for the event until 3 IPs are placed in China.

Duh. Indeed I am. Of course. Apologies, and thank you for the prompt reply.

Gosh, this version is really bugged. First of all (it’s actually not a bug, but something really annoying), I don’t understand why the “undo” was changed. It complicates a lot, and if it was like it used to be all bugs would not necesserily end the game. And that was the case in my last game, when we had to end because of bug with Ortega elected in Nicaragua - I played it (as US) at defcon 2 without any influence in Cuba, so I feeled safe, but Soviet player (unaware that he’s not allowed to do that) couped Panama. Defcon drops to 1, end of the game and no possibility to undo. That was really, really irritating.

Same as with “undo”, there could be possibility to change defcon, military, space etc manually (like it used to be) - it could help in case of another strange bug. When there is notification that such a change happened there’s no risk that someone will cheat and it could really save the day. Another advantage is that while playing with my friend that is unexperienced player I could give him some profits if we decided so.

There are some really nice ammendments in that version, but overall feelings are strongly worsened because of those bugs :neutral_face: .

There’s nothing really stopping you from playing the older module.

I know, but on the older module there’s no one on the server :wink: .

Sorry again for the undertone of my previous post. It was supposed to be nothing but the suggestion what could be improved for the next version.

Well, today sth crushed with Tehran. Played by USSR, he did ops, something happened and the game still wanted to play him for ops, but there was no such a possibility on the card. We had to end on turn 5 :frowning: .

Im not 100% sure since Im new in this game but I think we are allowed to use Ops for both realignment and placing influence like using a 2 Ops card for placing an influence first and then using the second and the last Ops for realignment. And I think we cannot do that in this game.

Will there be any update soon addressing this issue and all the ones mentioned above? I also had my friend coup Italy when I triggered the Nicaragua event as US!!!

I know people do this voluntarily and I do appreciate their hard work. I am just hoping they can find the time and fix these issues. Thanks in advance.

Just encountered the Nicaragua bug as well, although less egregious (they were a newer player and couped Haiti, not realizing it isn’t adjacent). Not sure how practical it is to enforce this but it’d be nice, especially given the potential for people to end the game due to defcon.

And @harezmi, no, you cannot split ops between coups and realignments: the module is correct in this.

No, actually per Rule 6.0:
When a card is played as an Operations card, the player must choose to use all of the Operations points on [b]one[/b] of the following options: Marker Placement, Realignment rolls, Coup Attempts or a Space Race attempt.

So no mix and match.

Found a minor bug with the Nasser card. When he is used for an event he rounds down US influence instead of up. (Used when US had 1 influence and USSR had 0)

Hello, just joined the board to report this very same bug. Had no way to decline performing a coup with the Che card.

Hi
I just started with the game a few days ago. Think I’ve spotted a bug. When placing influence in the Koreas and Japan I am prevented from placing the full ops value of my card - I can only place 1 fewer influence. Red Scare was played at the beginning of turn 1 but we are now on turn 2 and, as I say, this issue is not happening in europe.

Has anyone seen this?