Card Layer/Level trouble

Hi, me again. Hope you can still bear with me… each time I think I understood something, anoher thing seems to go wrong.

I have trouble with a Card whose layer trait behaves oddly.
The intention is to show, optionally, a side with details on the cards meaning replacing the standard card image (it’s a Civ calamity card). What I did:

• Define the card with the layer trait, “always active”
  • Add 2 levels: 1 without an image (i. e. the user sees the basic card image), 1 with a different image (showing some detailed info bla-bla). (Actually I guess I could omit level 1, as its result seems to be implicit in level 0 – right?)
  • The Increase Level key is keypad arrow-right
  • The Reset (to level 0) key is CTRL SHIFT D, which is the same key as on the “Send to Stack” trait of the card (the level should be set to 0 when the card is discarded).

The card enters the game in a temp deck. The deck ist shuffled and sent to the draw deck at game start (manually, by an admin). When I draw the card it behaves exactly as intended.
When I hit the discard key command the card (if selected) goes to its discard pile. When I draw it again, it shows level 0.
But from that moment on the card ignores its Layer levels. The “Show detail” command still shows but has no function anymore.

What could be wrong? My guess: Something goes wrong because discard and reset level listen to the same command, though I cannot see from the docs why that should be. Could it be that the “Reset” de-activates the Layer even if is set to “always active”? If so, how can I re-activate it again without using an extra command for that?

I am pretty sure now that there is a problem with the “Activate”. When I add an Activate command all works well – but I have to activate the layer again after each discard. Bug or feature?

First, yes, it is the wrong forum, this post should be in “Module Design”. Unfortunately I can neither move nor delete it (the post, I mean).

Second, I found the following: Everything works fine unless I do a “Reset to Level 0”. Doing that completely de-activates the Layer, and the “Avctivate” command has no effect any more. A “Reset to Level 1” works fine; it does what I want, even if I use the same keyboard command to send the card to the discard stack (thus doing 2 actions in one). Looks to me like one really should not do a “Reset to Level 0” because it will throw the card into some unexplained comatose state.

Yeah, there is no level 0 as far as I know, and I think that re-set line’s default is level 1. So you’d have it always active and Level 1 is your empty level, which shows the default card, which is great. And Level 2 would be the added info. So I think it was fine as you had it originally, apart from the need to re-set to level 1 not 0. I’m not sure about using the RIGHT ARROW key for the increased level, if I got that right, only because that key command can be used for pieces in repositioning them in stacks/decks, but other than that, should be okay.

And lo and behold, as long as I keep to layers that exist eyerything works fine :slight_smile: Can’t say why I thought 0 was the right one.