Disable retire button

There is a way to disable the retire button?

I noticed that if you change side you can have access to the opponent player’s private windows.

Cheers.

Panther 2010

I’m not sure if you can or not but It appears that what you are trying to do is prevent cheating. Vassal is really not intended to support stringent controls to prevent cheating …it’s simply a way to play the game online. You can drive yourself crazy trying to put in controls to prevent all forms of cheating. The best thing to do is just play with people who you trust won’t cheat.

Also, if you remove the Retire button, it would not allow anyone to unlock their player side if they leave the game. This may cause problems as that player side will locked as is and no longer be accessible by anyone.

PS. Come to think of it, you wouldn’t be able to see another player’s private window anyway. In order to do so, you would have to switch to their player side and Vassal will only accommodate one player per side, i.e., you can’t log into a player side that’s being used by someone else. You also can’t view a private window as an observer.