Modifying existing Pursuit of Glory module

I would like to be able to select specific card from the draw deck of either AP or CP player. This is particularly useful for solo play and trying different strategies. To try this I went to the AP Draw Deck and checked the ‘Select specific cards’ option in the properties section and the same for the CP Draw deck. Saved it and loaded the module.

Still can’t select specific cards. What else do I need to do?

Does it work when starting a new game? The change probably won’t take with a previously saved game. If it’s not that, then I’m not sure.

No, tried that.

Perhaps someone could take me through step by step the procedure for editing a module. I cannot see what the problem is so perhaps it is to do with renaming the module or something or saving the edited module incorrectly. Assume I know nothing (which is certainly true). The current module loaded is the one with the ‘Select specific cards’ selected but it certainly is not doing that.

OK now I know what it is. The predefined setup is not updating with the new instructions. How do I update this setup?

My next problem is trying to update the predefined set up. Trying to follow designers guide but not making any logical sense to me. I get the predefined setup is simply a vsav file in the module itself. I have extracted that so all I need to do is to update that file with the new settings. Do I need to export game pieces etc from the older module, as it says in designers guide, or can I just go ahead and update that vsav file using the new module updater?

Currently getting an error loading vsav file into the updater after following other instructions to the letter. Can’t seem to load any vsav file. Is there some format that I am unaware of?

Turns out the updater only updates game pieces and not decks so cant use this method at all.

Thus spake andyinkuwait:

Currently getting an error loading vsav file into the updater after
following other instructions to the letter. Can’t seem to load any vsav
file. Is there some format that I am unaware of?

What error? Please post it here.

J.

It’s OK they were corrupted files. I probably unzipped in incorrectly.

Can’t use the method anyway as the updater does not update card decks.