Create account / Log in

The Longest Day.

Support for existing Vassal modules. Ask here if you need help with a specific module.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Re: The Longest Day.

Postby Skotkolr » January 8th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Your moving again?
Skotkolr

Postby Skotkolr » January 9th, 2018, 7:27 am

Ok Joel, I worked out the file creation on the module page. as soon as a mod checks it it should go up. however I expect you will have access to it whether its available to the public or not. Let me know what you think when you have a few min to review what I have done.

Thanks and hope your move goes well this year.
Skotkolr

Postby uckelman » January 9th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Thus spake Skotkolr via messages:
> Your moving again?

No. I haven't moved _yet_.

--
J.
uckelman
Site Admin

Postby Skotkolr » January 13th, 2018, 3:41 am

Joel, I have a question that I can not figure out.
In the Replacement counter there is a selection called Active replacement. Since there is no readme file to reference can you tell me if it is used to mark the rpl unit as being assimilated into the combat unit? In other words what does it do?
Skotkolr

Postby Skotkolr » March 7th, 2018, 7:41 am

Hey Joel, hope you weathered the storm well. I am not familiar with xml files and I have found that I can extract the .svg file images and work with them in Inkscape. So I am going through each counter and correcting some errors that were made when they were created, I.E. missing motorized symbology, some AT units were still mis-marked as 1 stacking point...etc. Also I am incorporating the unit information that was on the original counters for players edification. I also decided that color marking the artillery and the Mech movement capable units might be a nice add in. So I am doing that as well. I have completed the Germans and I am now working in the Commonwealth counters. I have also been researching some information that appears to indicate some of the info on US counters may be inaccurate IE 12 barrels in a armoured Divisions Batteries are incorrect it seems they were armed with 18 barrels so I am making corrections on the info but not the att or def numbers. Also I am seeing some issues with the British not having the right type (motorized vs Mechanized artillery pieces) for the landings and the first few weeks of the invasion. After I have complete the update I wanted to ask how should I formally number the Module? Should we call that Version 1.0 ?
Skotkolr

Postby Skotkolr » March 11th, 2018, 3:30 am

OK errata completed, new vmod uploaded(0.1.2.1), I decided to upgrade the armoured artillery to 5-3-6 similar to other units with similar weapons. One problem, the 1pol arm div the 2p arm and the 2p arty are getting confused you can manually pull out the duplicate arty and replace it with the proper 2p arm bat but I am not sure how to fix this issue. It is the name I am sure, they have the exact same name.
Skotkolr

Postby Skotkolr » May 27th, 2020, 8:49 pm

The war Game Academy has been working to improve The Longest Day module with my input and we have come a significant way towards a completed finalized version 1.0
We are currently play testing Module 3 Operation Cobra we meet on Discord for chat and use the Vassal server to host the game on Thursday evenings between 7 pm est and 12 midnight.
If anyone is interested in helping with the last 3 scenarios play testing this would be appreciated.

Skot
Skotkolr

Postby Skotkolr » May 31st, 2020, 5:57 am

Good news for TLD fans, the Most of the historical corrections for the U.S. and British, and some German Issues have been dealt with. Both correct historical OOB and the Original print game OOB will be preserved for originalists. I hope Joel is all right with the progress we are making with the Module.
Skotkolr

Previous

Return to Module Support