The Longest Day.

Thus spake PeterLageri:

Bum di bum di bum… have time to it anytime soon?

No, I have quite some things ahead of this on my list at present. I
still intend to deal with it this year, however.

J.

okay

Hello Gentlemen,

I have noticed that the Allied Aircraft Deployment Display is missing a british FB #125 Spitfire.

Thanks for your attention, and I really enjoy this module.

Pat Crawford

Thus spake telepatric:

Hello Gentlemen,

I have noticed that the Allied Aircraft Deployment Display is missing a
british FB #125 Spitfire.

Thanks for your attention, and I really enjoy this module.

I’ll add it to my list of things to check on later in the year.

J.

Thanks

Any news on TLD?

Best Regards
Peter

Gentlemen,

What a wonderful day to find this site. As I near retirement age, it is harder to keep TLD set up. Then I find this site and all the hard work that has been put in to create this monster on the PC. I have run through a few tests and have tried to correct the “small bugs” in the system.
The vassal editor tells me that the module is of an older version and won’t let me make changes. The changes needed are in the start up for the campaign game. It appears from the editor that all the game piece have been created, they just don’t make it to the start up charts or board.
I am referring to: BR 3INF artillery 76/3 at sword, the US 82AB 319,320, any of the RR cut markers, any field fort counters (although very low priority), and finally, in version tld 0.1.1 the aforementioned 12ss 9-10-6 grenadier unit on the entry track has been replaced by a copy of the 272 HQ counter.
It appears that the start up file is listed as “campaign.svg” If there is someone that could offer some tips to point me in the right direction, I would be more than happy to attempt an edit. As it stands now, I merely drag alternative replacement counters that represent the missing units. Many thanks in advance and best regards.

Thus spake Nostalgic:

Gentlemen,

What a wonderful day to find this site. As I near retirement age, it is
harder to keep TLD set up. Then I find this site and all the hard work
that has been put in to create this monster on the PC. I have run
through a few tests and have tried to correct the “small bugs” in the
system.
The vassal editor tells me that the module is of an older version and
won’t let me make changes. The changes needed are in the start up for
the campaign game. It appears from the editor that all the game piece
have been created, they just don’t make it to the start up charts or
board.
I am referring to: BR 3INF artillery 76/3 at sword, the US 82AB
319,320, any of the RR cut markers, any field fort counters (although
very low priority), and finally, in version tld 0.1.1 the aforementioned
12ss 9-10-6 grenadier unit on the entry track has been replaced by a
copy of the 272 HQ counter.
It appears that the start up file is listed as “campaign.svg” If there
is someone that could offer some tips to point me in the right
direction, I would be more than happy to attempt an edit. As it stands
now, I merely drag alternative replacement counters that represent the
missing units. Many thanks in advance and best regards.

Thanks for noting these omissions. I’m the module’s designer. I intend
to tend to all of the accumulated bug reports later in the year.

J.

All of the 4th Inf div battalions defense values are 5’s they should be 6’s.

Ok here is the deal, I am a bit OCD. I see that after 3 years still no corrections to the module. So I made the corrections 4th inf div us defense values have been changed to 6’s, the missing spitfire FB 125 has been added, the 76/3rd arty has been slotted in its proper place on sword assault group, the 65th mech arty has been placed in its beach head assault group on Utah. rpl units have been given a rotation function to show the step process for absorption into active cbt units. The12th ss panzer div missing mech inf unit has been place on the entry track, the special unit entry numbers have been place under each unit so they are now available to check against activation die rolls, TEC, and Combat charts and allied assault landing charts have been added to the module as well as a complete gunfire control display with bombardment table.
I could not upload the files to you because there is a size limit of 256 kb and the svg files were coming out at about 340kb or higher. I used Inkscape to do most of the work. The file size is right at 16 Mb, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

These two units 205 206 have no reverse side. check the images at Boardgamegeek.com

My copy of TLD is unfortunately inaccessible at the moment, packed away pending moving house. My plans haven’t changed, however—I do intend to incorporate all of the accumulated corrections as soon as is practical.

Your moving again?

Ok Joel, I worked out the file creation on the module page. as soon as a mod checks it it should go up. however I expect you will have access to it whether its available to the public or not. Let me know what you think when you have a few min to review what I have done.

Thanks and hope your move goes well this year.

Thus spake Skotkolr via messages:

Your moving again?

No. I haven’t moved yet.

J.

Joel, I have a question that I can not figure out.
In the Replacement counter there is a selection called Active replacement. Since there is no readme file to reference can you tell me if it is used to mark the rpl unit as being assimilated into the combat unit? In other words what does it do?

Hey Joel, hope you weathered the storm well. I am not familiar with xml files and I have found that I can extract the .svg file images and work with them in Inkscape. So I am going through each counter and correcting some errors that were made when they were created, I.E. missing motorized symbology, some AT units were still mis-marked as 1 stacking point…etc. Also I am incorporating the unit information that was on the original counters for players edification. I also decided that color marking the artillery and the Mech movement capable units might be a nice add in. So I am doing that as well. I have completed the Germans and I am now working in the Commonwealth counters. I have also been researching some information that appears to indicate some of the info on US counters may be inaccurate IE 12 barrels in a armoured Divisions Batteries are incorrect it seems they were armed with 18 barrels so I am making corrections on the info but not the att or def numbers. Also I am seeing some issues with the British not having the right type (motorized vs Mechanized artillery pieces) for the landings and the first few weeks of the invasion. After I have complete the update I wanted to ask how should I formally number the Module? Should we call that Version 1.0 ?

OK errata completed, new vmod uploaded(0.1.2.1), I decided to upgrade the armoured artillery to 5-3-6 similar to other units with similar weapons. One problem, the 1pol arm div the 2p arm and the 2p arty are getting confused you can manually pull out the duplicate arty and replace it with the proper 2p arm bat but I am not sure how to fix this issue. It is the name I am sure, they have the exact same name.

The war Game Academy has been working to improve The Longest Day module with my input and we have come a significant way towards a completed finalized version 1.0
We are currently play testing Module 3 Operation Cobra we meet on Discord for chat and use the Vassal server to host the game on Thursday evenings between 7 pm est and 12 midnight.
If anyone is interested in helping with the last 3 scenarios play testing this would be appreciated.

Skot

Good news for TLD fans, the Most of the historical corrections for the U.S. and British, and some German Issues have been dealt with. Both correct historical OOB and the Original print game OOB will be preserved for originalists. I hope Joel is all right with the progress we are making with the Module.