open player hand from menu on a counter?

Hmm trying to add a menu option on a right click of a counter that will open the player hand. I have this as a toolbar menu action button but can’t seem to figure out how to add as a menu item on a counter.

I would think you should be able to use a Global Hotkey trait as long as the player hand has a hotkey attached to it. I’ve never used it for that purpose so I don’t know if that would work or not but, in my experience, it should.

Ok player hand Hotkey input as ctrl shift 1
Just issuing this on the map opens the player hand.

now to make it a menu option on a counter.

and gloabal hot key worked.

Thanks

I did run into an issue where the initial hotkey was OpenP1 OpenP2 but it wouldn’t work, Had to use actual key strokes and ended up using Ctrl Shift #'s

I don’t know if this will help or not but…

If you have a private window for each player, you can assign the same hotkey to all the windows. Just make sure each window is restricted to a specific player. That way when the hotkey is activated, it would normally open all the private windows. But since each window is assigned to a specific player, only the window for the player initiating the hotkey will open.

I do that all the time as it allows me to put a simple button on the menu bar titled Player Hand. Doesn’t matter who clicks, only their player hand will open.

“private window for each player” & “each window is restricted to a specific player”

That’s actually how I have it set up.

SOLVED