installing linux on android running vassal?

Hi,
Anybody install linux on an android tablet and then able to run vassal?? I am off the grid so no electric. Have several tablets and since linux is one of the Op systems vassal will run on was wondering. Would be nice. Dont want to cold turkey it so if anyone has done it would appreciate a walk through.
Tks RAy

Android is a layer on top of Linux.

You don’t need to install linux on top of Android… it’s already there.

Can you please give a step by step process or a reference that can help me run Vassal on Android Tablet?

Hi,
so what u are saying is that android is a GUI sitting on linux?
Rayb

While it is technically possible to run native Linux programs, as there is a Linux kernel running beneath everything, most users would not be able to install such applications or use them. (If you have root access or are building your own firmware, then you can do whatever you want.)

Hi,
I downloaded Debian and unzipped it. Mindlessly I clicked on the .exe. Of course it didn’t run but the vassal files are there. I agree with the post that wants a walk through to install Linux. I remember once on Delphi asking for a walk through and the response was follow the directions. Well wasn’t making any headway that way and was why I needed some old Linux hand to help out. So since there aren’t any directions to do it am asking again. Any old Linux hands want to get vassal running on android how about sharing ur ken?? Secondly saw some thumb drive versions. Will these work on android?? My best experience with linux on a meanie machine was with the damn small Linux distro. Only thing was after many hours of trying to get a listed printer to work I gave up. Parsing Linux statements is a learned thing. U just don’t pull it out of the sky. How about a hand?
Rayb

Hi,
Got a Linux to run on a tablet. It’s either Debian from the play store or one from vassal. U will need to have at least a Meg free to install. So if ur stuffed to the gills might want to get an empty tab for the install.
My question is what file name do u type in to run vassal on Linux???
Rayb

Vassal 3.x series is all written in java,

So your command line will be something like java vassal.jar -Xm[memory-set-aside-here]

That’s not exact, it’s just going from memory, due to the fact that I don’t have a Linux machine at my fingertips at the moment.

Remember, your tablet is most likely running on some sort of ARM family system-on-a-chip device, typically 64-bit architecture… your tablet almost guaranteed to NOT be an Intel or AMD x86 nor x86_64 architecture.