Clear Moved & Trails

Clearing moves clears trails. Not wanted
So I used the clear fired example and created a global key in the main map and now have separate buttons for clear fire, clear trails, and clear moves. To get this to work I had to remove the clear move button from the main map properties, and remove the “mark when moved” trait from the “Moved” game piece definition. I lucked out in guessing that the moved equivalent to Matching properties Fired_Active=true for moved would be Moved_Active==“true” and for trails also Moved_Active=true

It all works as wanted except for two points.

1. I want to have the pieces auto mark as moved when they move. I can’t get the “mark moved when” trait to work with my clear move button and not have it clear trails(and delete the history so they can’t be toggled back on).
  2. rotation of the Moved text with the turning of the counter. I can make this work moving the piece trait for moved above my “unit type prototype” containing the move functions, but it somehow breaks the trails “start turned on”, and the toggle trails “on off” feature. The unit prototype contains
    Rotate
    Movefwd and
    Numberpad (movement functions)
    So I don’t understand the interaction with trails here.

Point 2 isn’t that big a deal as having the Moved label always upright isn’t a problem. Interestingly If I move a unit in a circle the trail will suddenly turn on and I can turn it off again but not back on.
Point 1 (auto marking when moved) however I WANT. So I need to think how to recreate the mark when moved function without using the “mark moved when” trait.

Solved
I had to
On map clear the graphic for " mark unmoved" button icon.
On the game piece prototype for moved remove the “mark when moved trait”
The Moved prototype contains movement trail and a layer, always active no image for first level, a moved graphic for second turned on by alt M command, and a reset level of alt J to go to no image level.
I have 3 definition s for ship subship and weapon that contain prototype numpad
Numpad is a definition containing triggers and reports when a number pad key it kit it issues a command to do Ctrl F (move forward definition), issue a report to chat, and now alt M(moved definition)

The counters themselves contain prototypes Movement, moved, and Unit (ship, subship or weapon) in that order. If not in that order it doesn’t work.
definition movement is a sub-menu containing turn L, Right, move forward, movement trail toggle, moved toggle, clear moved toggle)
Why movement needs to be at the top I don’t understand yet

So I can now move a piece by the number pad and have it toggle on the graphic moved. I can clear that graphic without clearing the movement trail history and toggling the trail off.

Module is sfb cadet module v2.6 to be uploaded within the week of this posting.

Now I just have to figure out what command will clear the trail history.

Ok the movement trail isn’t as solved as I thought. it sometimes works and sometimes disappears on it’s own and sometimes appears on it’s own especially when making a turn, or after doing a full circle of movement.

hhhmm changing trait order from

movement,
moved,
unit

to

movement,
unit
moved

seems to fix the trail issue, but it no longer rotates the “moved” graphic with the counter. this is preferable to the trail turning off and on with a turn.

Putting the marked when moved trait back in on a unit type prototype but with the image field blanked allows me to clear the move history without it messing up the separate moved marking via my number pad method or other units trails.