Vietnam 4.3.1. vmod won't let FWA play.

I have not been able to log in to a game of Vietnam '65-'75 as the with the new module 4.3.1. vmod. At least not in the campaign mode. Some of the functions I can do as NVA or observer, but my SVN corp and division leaders can not be moved. I didn’t get far enough to try pacification or other things. Anyone else having this problem.

I think in my initial post I did not state very well what problem I was having. The Vietnam 4.3.1 vmod has no option to play the game as FWA. A friend and myself are wanting to play hotseat but I can only get into the game as the NVA or the observer or referee. As anyone of those participants we can not do the FWA interphase. We cannot handle Vietnamese leadership, pacification and many other allied functions. There is not even a FWA option listed at the wizard where you choose sides. Can anyone tell me what is the problem here and what can I do about it? :neutral_face:

“There is not even a FWA option listed at the wizard where you choose sides.”
Seems the scenarios were saved when already on FWA player side. Change playerside to “Observer” (the small quite unremarkable button RETIRE). Save the game and close it. Start the currently saved game and you can also choose to play as FWA.

Thank you, Greenhorn. I will try your suggestion. Hopefully it will work.

If I had to guess, that suggestion isn’t going to work. The FWA player side is locked by the personal module password of whoever designed this module.

Hello.
I am the person who uploaded 4.3.1.
I had made a manipulation error when updating the scenarios to the latest module version. The error was loaded into the Module file I uploaded initially.

I have later fixed the issue and loaded a newer version of the file, which retains the name 4.3.1.

Please download the module again. It will now allow you to select FWA.

See the file history. Latest version is dated 4/May 2018 - vassalengine.org/wiki/File:V … 4.3.1.vmod

Date/Time Dimensions User Comment
current 13:07, 4 May 2018 (12.65 MB) Claudioc (Talk | contribs) Same correction as previous one. I made an error in the file in the previous upload.
revert 13:57, 30 April 2018 (12.63 MB) Claudioc (Talk | contribs) Minor correction. Some scenarios did not offer to choose sides.
revert 21:10, 22 April 2018 (12.63 MB) Claudioc (Talk | contribs) Added Hide VC Units command to End Operation
revert 13:32, 19 April 2018 (12.63 MB) Claudioc (Talk | contribs) 4.3.1 - 15/04/2017 - Vassal version 3.2.17 - claudio.ciardelli@gmail.com - Complete rewrite of Pacification logic to fix “Pacification, Maxed Region causes misbehaviour / Loses track of totals” - End Operation button. Added "Return Operation Available Air

Thank you, ClaudioC. I did read your email about how you fixed this issue and try to respond to your response to my thread, but for some reason, your response would not upload on my pc. Well, it finally did and I am finally responding. I’m going to download the module again sometime today. Thanks you for the fix and thank you for taking the time and trouble to email me that it was done.

If anyone is interested, I have a 4.3.2 version in development. I will not publish it in the module page till it is stable. But I am already using it in y campaign games. Just drop me a mail (claudio.ciardelli@gmail.com) and I will let you have it. You can then let me know of problems that occur in that version.