Regular Expression Error

In a Game Piece Inventory the following show pieces property filter:

{CurrentBoard!~“Allied Eliminated Box”|“Axis Eliminated Box”|“Neutral Eliminated Box”}

gives the error "WARN VASSAL.tools.ErrorDialog - Expression evaluation error: Expression={CurrentBoard!~“Allied Eliminated Box”|“Axis Eliminated Box”|“Neutral Eliminated Box”}, Error= inline evaluation of: ``_xyzzy=_plugh();’’ internal Error: Unimplemented binary String operator

While the following expression works correctly:

CurrentBoard!=“Allied Eliminated Box”&&CurrentBoard!=“Axis Eliminated Box”&&CurrentBoard!=“Neutral Eliminated Box”}

What am I doing wrong in the regular expression?

Tom

Try this:

{CurrentBoard!~“Allied Eliminated Box|Axis Eliminated Box|Neutral Eliminated Box”}

Thank you very much for responding. (The majority of my questions on this forum have never had a response at all.)

Unfortunately, your suggested syntax yields the exact same error, even though the Expression Builder gives a green check (which it did on my initial syntax anyway.)

Make sure that you are using Version 3.2.17. Regular Expression checking was accidentally missed out from {} expressions in prior versions.

I am using 3.2.17.

Still not working.

I think this works:

{! (CurrentBoard =~ “Allied Eliminated Box|Axis Eliminated Box|Neutral Eliminated Box”)}

That works! Thank you very much.