Minimize Map Windows

Most, if not all, board games have player hands and pieces and tokens and other things that involve having separate map windows. Player hands are the most common, and so you end up with a player hand window covering up the board most, if not all, of the time. I know - I can always hide the map windows when I don’t need them.

Anyhow, I’m wondering if there is a property or something that will allow the map windows to be minimized when not in use? It’s not a big deal to hide them, but I like to keep things open when I’m playing/testing. And it’d be cool if I could just minimize the windows when they aren’t in use.

Is this possible?

4 days and not a single answer?

I’m 99% sure there is no such thing.

That, unfortunately, is what I thought. Bummer, as I hate having to move windows around and hide/show them when I need them using the buttons. I’d prefer to be able to minimize the windows so they are there nice and neat.

When you have the module open, go to File->Preferences, go to the General tab and uncheck “Use Combined Application Window”. This will allow all windows you open to be autonomous with their own independent controls.

If you’ve already done that, then I don’t know why you can’t minimize windows. I’ve never had that problem. I use MS Windows, if that makes a difference.

Exactly what I was looking for. Works wonderously!

Apologies, I did not take enough care in reading the OP–understood you to be asking about a system property to determine if a particular window was or wasn’t minimized. Honed in too much on the word “property” that I understand in a specific VASSAL context and didn’t think about system preferences.

No worries, Joel! It’s entirely possible I wasn’t clear enough in what I was asking for, which happens quite a bit!