logfiles do not save

HP 15
Windows 10
Intel Pentium N3540
4 GB; 500 GB hard drive
I am trying to start a PBEM game with someone and trying to see how PBEM works with vassal. The problem is when I go to File-> Begin Logfile the routing window opens to where it will save. In order to get on with the game I must close it. To do that I must name the file and save. Then when I have finished my move I go to File->End Logfile, and then it is time to see if I have done it right. I close the game and open the file where the game is saved, and I find there is a saved file with the name I gave it. So I go to Vassal library, open the module and choose that file, but when the game opens, it opens as a new game. Nothing is saved. No chat lines, no moves, no comments, nothing. It’s as if I just opened a new game. I have no file I can send my opponent. This situation is with me as the first player and initiating a new game.

Seems to me, what tiny bit I know, the file should open when I click End Logfile, not when I click open logfile. But I’m not very computer literate. Anyway, can someone tell me what I, or the computer, or the app, whichever, is doing wrong? :frowning:

Are you giving the filenames the extensions .vsav for a saved game and .vlog for a log file?

I don’t know if that’s the problem or not but you didn’t mention it so I thought I’d bring it up.

.vlog was the extensions I was using. But it’s a moot point. The mistake was mine. I was forgetting to scroll through the moves with the logfile advance button. I was a bonehead. Now I’m embarrassed. But that’s ok, I’m glad to have found the problem and that it is so minor. Sorry to bother everybody over nothing.