disappearing modules

This is not a serious problem, all I have to do is re-download, and usually if you have already downloaded a module it reloads in seconds. That tells me it’s still downloaded, but not in the list. I don’t know, but I’m guessing.
The problem is I have a lot of modules, usually the same ones that disappear from my library every time I close and open the Vassal library. Does anyone know why, and if there’s anything I can do about it? :confused:

Modules disappearing from your list in the VASSAL Module Manager view is not an indication that they need to be re-downloaded. The module files themselves–wherever you keep them on your hard drive–are still present. Doing File → Open module and navigating to where the module is saved will restore it to the module list. This doesn’t solve the issue of why they’re disappearing in the first place, but just be aware. Where do you have VASSAL installed, and in what location on your disk are you storing modules?

The app and the files I have made for current games are in documents. I think you about to advise me that I can just open the particular game and that will restore the module to my vassal library and open the app as well. I have discovered this, but none the less, appreciate you being helpful

I am having trouble also. All of my modules disappeared. (HELP! :confused: )

Here is where I can a listing (example):

C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\VASSAL\prefs

But when I try to open anything it always does nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that windows 10 had some thing keeping the computer from shutting down and I found a way to suppress it but dont know what that is any longer since that was months ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

-Dave

It has just happened to me, even though I have not updated Vassal, all I did is reboot my PC.

If modules disappear from the Module Manger, it would help us to see the errorLog from that run. There’s not much we can do without that.