Vassal for Android? Looks like a good fit for PlayTable.

I am considering a Pre-Order for an Android 5.0 system with a 24" or 32" screen designed for playing board games.

playtable.com/#tech

They will be offering popular board games for the system. But I’m a hex and counter war gamer and I suspect that the demand for my kind of games is not large enough for them to develop many of them. But if Vassal would run on it, this would be the best of all possible worlds :smiley: !

My question is, Is there a reasonable chance that I could run Vassal on an Android 5.0 system within a year? I’m not looking for a guarantee just a best guess. Take a look at the system, it might provide some motivation to the developers.

Thanks!

Thus spake EmptyFooted:

My question is, Is there a reasonable chance that I could run Vassal on
an Android 5.0 system within a year? I’m not looking for a guarantee
just a best guess.

I’m not willing to hazard a guess at present. All I can say is that my
plans haven’t changed and that VASSAL 4, which includes targeting
mobile platforms such as Android, is next on my list.

J.

Hi
How is this going on?
I would like to use my tablet for gaming!
Thanks

Hi, will we see Vassal 4 on Android and iOS? Is there any news on that? Thanks.

Why don’t you all send him $100,000, so he can take a couple years off from however he makes his living and devote the time to Vassal 4.

Thus spake RobS:

Why don’t you all send him $100,000, so he can take a couple years off
from however he makes his living and devote the time to Vassal 4.

That would certainly be appreciated.

J.

This kind of thing is definitely a possibility
I think you could definately get good traction on a kickstarter campaign.
100k is easily within reach with how well known Vassal is

Not sure why this is a negative. It just means that one of their sandbox games has a database of the NFC IDs for all of the toys-to-life figures that are already out there.
We have Lego Dimensions, and being able to do thematic arbitrary battles between the characters on the Playtable is something my son would get a kick out of…
And also, since they’re just NFC-chips, I assume you could use your favorite T-T-L character as a player-piece in any of the “Smart-Piece” games.
Why not play Pandemic with The Doctor as your medic and Iron Man as your Dispatcher?

Hi, I’ve seen some posts for Vassal on a mobile device such a an iPhone or IPad. I was wondering if it is still in development. I discovered Vassal a couple of months ago and came to love it a lot. My laptop broke down a few weeks ago and I couldn’t get another one due to this virus,so I’ve been working on an IPad. Which is why I’m really looking forward to Vassal for the Ipad

Try UserLAnd for android

Does it also work for Macbook and IOS devices?
Thanks in advance.