Create account / Log in

X-Wing 8.3.0 Module - Unable to Make Lists

Support for existing Vassal modules. Ask here if you need help with a specific module.

Moderators: Tim M, uckelman

X-Wing 8.3.0 Module - Unable to Make Lists

Postby italia164 » January 30th, 2019, 9:51 pm

I've been trying to play X-Wing on Vassal for a week, but I keep encountering the same issue, after numerous reinstalls it persists. I can't load any of the pilots, ship cards, or upgrades. Because of that, it won't let me import any lists, regardless of the method I try. When I click on the "2.0 Squad Spawn" button I get this in the text, even though the window opens:

--- File not found 'manifest.json' not found in C:\Program Files (x86)\VASSAL\modules\xwd2.zip
XWS2Upgrades line 343 - couldn't load the manifest for upgrades
XWS2Upgrades line 343 - couldn't load the manifest for conditions
XWS2Upgrades line 323 - couldn't load the manifest for conditions

Then when I try to spawn a squad from any method, I get this:

Attempt at spawning a list from a squad URL
YASB2 list detected.
ERROR DETECTED

Has anyone seen this before or know what to do? I've searched online and come up empty. It just seems like when I load the module up it isn't loading all the data. I'm missing all the pilots and upgrades from my "Pieces" box, even though I have all the chits and tokens. Help!

I'm definitely using the most up to date version of the module, I downloaded the Star_Wars_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game-8.3.0.vmod file and loaded it in.
italia164

Re: X-Wing 8.3.0 Module - Unable to Make Lists

Postby MGRockwell » February 9th, 2019, 3:38 am

I just started trying to use the module, so I'm not sure if I'm doing everything correctly but I seem to be having the same issue. I can't load squads from either YASB, FFG, or XWS. When I try to use the internal squad builder there is nothing to select.
MGRockwell

Postby JoelCFC25 » February 9th, 2019, 4:02 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if your problem was that the module is being stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\VASSAL.

You absolutely do not want to do this. The VASSAL software itself goes here, that part is fine. However, modules are user data and belong in your home directory somewhere, or on your Desktop, or really pretty much anywhere that ISN'T the directory where Windows installs software. It's not uncommon for Windows UAC to prevent modifications to files in the C:\Program Files hierarchy.
JoelCFC25

Postby MGRockwell » February 12th, 2019, 2:04 am

Thanks Joel. This was the issue.
MGRockwell

Postby themaskedcoyote » June 3rd, 2019, 11:03 pm

I'm having the same issue with the latest module. Everything is on the desktop so I'm not sure what I should try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
themaskedcoyote

Postby delerini » September 18th, 2019, 3:47 pm

JoelCFC25 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if your problem was that the module is being stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\VASSAL.

You absolutely do not want to do this. The VASSAL software itself goes here, that part is fine. However, modules are user data and belong in your home directory somewhere, or on your Desktop, or really pretty much anywhere that ISN'T the directory where Windows installs software. It's not uncommon for Windows UAC to prevent modifications to files in the C:\Program Files hierarchy.

Thanks Joel. This was the issue.
delerini

Return to Module Support