Difficulty adding deck to existing module

Hello community,

I am trying to add a new deck of cards to an existing module ('65: Squad-Level Combat in the Jungles of Vietnam found here: vassalengine.org/wiki/Module … of_Vietnam). There is a solitaire expansion I would like to add.

I’ve scanned the cards and counters. Adding the counters was easy, and it seems like adding the cards should be as well. I followed the examples I’ve seen in other modules and online; basically:

1- Adding a new map window
1a - Adding a new board with fixed dimensions to hold the cards and space for a discard pile. Both spaces have a highlight when empty.
1b - I add two decks. I’ve configured the offsets and sizes properly. One deck is the draw pile (with two cards in it right now - just to test) and one is a discard pile. The discard pile is set to repopulate the draw deck when commanded.

The two cards in the draw pile have a unique image and name for the basic trait, and share the same mask trait - set to “display style: Plain”

I configured the map window to be selected visible/hide on the main bar with just a text box. That function works fine.

However - I cannot, for the life of me, get the cards to show up. Neither do the outlines for the decks. If I change the background color of the board, that does change.

If I do the exact sequence with another module (or my own) things work fine.

Is there some global setting which could be getting “in the way” higher up the chain?

I would appreciate any ideas at all at this point - I’m pulling my hair out. If you are so inclined, download the subject module and try adding a deck yourself - if you can get it to work, let me know!

Thanks in advance,
–Josh

I’m making an inference here–it sounds like this module has scenarios built into it already and that you are loading these scenarios after making your changes. If that’s the case, that’s why your changes are not showing up. Unfortunately pre-existing scenarios cannot incorporate new changes like the ones you’ve made.

You’ll have to rebuild all the scenario setups one by one and replace the ones that exist in the module.

Did you remember to give your cards a back image (mask trait)? If your cards don’t have backs, they will be invisible.

Joel, you hit the nail on the head!

If I create my own game without one of the pre-loaded setups, it works fine.

Thanks!