Issue with numPiece

Try as I can, I cannot get numPieces to work with a new module. Name_numPieces works fine with another module, but it fails miserably with the new one. The definitions are exactly the same - exactly. One works, the other does not. I have tried a range of combinations, permutations but still no result. A google drive link for both are included. For the Vassal experts, why? How to fix? Please.

The 2.88 version is, however, subject to copyright issues, so I do ask that the link to the file be deleted from this message ASAP.

I am getting exceedingly frustrated with this matter.

Oh, hi there for you fans of Vassal - I am.

The module with the issue:

drive.google.com/file/d/1Bn9-rW … sp=sharing

The module without the issue:

drive.google.com/file/d/11JfmoQ … sp=sharing

You do not need my PC’s information and I refuse to devolve data unnecessary to the situation. Call me paranoid, but there you go. Suffice to state a PC running latest version of windows.

So if someone were to look past this bizarrely antagonistic opening salvo and actually try to offer some assistance, where would that person look in this module to find the unit/map/etc where it’s not behaving like you expect? It is a staggeringly large module with a ton of components.

Antagonistic? Whatever… The areas of concern are the China, CW, France, etc FPs sub directories. Apologies for that omission. Essentially, the force pools are the ‘store’ for units to be purchased. The large cells are for the units and the small cell underneath is where the number of units in the cell above should be displayed. Each module uses the same structure so I do not understand why numPieces does not work in one but it does in the other.

Am I stupid or what. I totally forgot that Vassal does not update charts/maps for saved games. So adding in the counting function to the module will never copy into an existing saved game file. I started a new game and everything was there. Thanks for the response, it is really great to have such rapid input - really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Then, add another nail to my stupidity. I did not enter the correct term. I used numpieces instead of numPieces.