Please help - my saved mod never updated and I’ve lost weeks

:astonished:

Can anyone help me please.

I used a previous module to use as the basis of a new module. I renamed it and have saved regularly.

Unfortunately I accidentally hit the ‘remove’ module with a missed mouse click.

I went to reload the module I had been saving BUT…it loaded up the original module I based the new mod on!!!

Is there anyway to recover the file I have been saving the all along?

Is it saved somewhere else in vassal? How can I keep loading my saved module and then when I reload into the program it sees the original file from weeks ago???

Please help me recover my hours and hours of work if you can.

Thank you.

Unhappy Wanderer

…I guess the question is…how to recover a file (module) that has been removed…

…I guess the question is…how to recover a file (module) that has been removed…

I’ve placed a .zip mod on the file that I thought it was loading but when I look at the module via the editor it shows the old module that I based it on ie it’s like it really wasn’t loading this module at all…mmm. Is it possible the file being saved is named something else or saved in another place?

I just can’t see how I could continually be updating a module, have it removed, and then the saved file vanished…surely it is/was saved somewhere for vassal to keep loading and allowing me to edit it multiple times.

…desperately hoping it’s recoverable some how.

Using the “remove” command in your module library simply removes it from the library listing. I doesn’t do anything to the file so your mod should be on your system somewhere.

Are you saying you don’t know where you were saving the module? If that’s the case, you’ll probably need to run a search for it.

…it had been saving itself under a different name…I found it…phew.

Thanks Dr Nostromo for prompting the search…you’re a lifesaver!

Happy Wanderer :stuck_out_tongue:

…just as a follow on for others that may have this issue.

I built my new module of another module. Even though I renamed the module I hadn’t actually changed it’s ‘saving file’ ie the file it had been saving to. This was the original module that I used and not the renamed module I thought I was using.

So, as the good Dr says, removing the file from the Vassal games panel does not delete the file…it must be somewhere and a good place to start is the original file you used for creating the mod.

…hope that helps someone else who thinks they’ve removed their file for good…you havent’t :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

HW