Test builds for 3.3.0

I am not been able to access Vassal logs created in Vassal 3.2.17 except as “Observer” or “Solitaire”, despite being confident that the UserName and Password I have used is the same on both installations.

Sorry but you lost me, i should check the lastes source code on the SVN or on the git ?

Thanks in advance

VASSAL 3.3.0-svn9324 on macOS 10.15.4 Java version 13.0.1 iMac 5K with Scaled Retina display (3200x1800) – in Default Retina mode the problem was the same

When you do New Game and come to the board builder step in the New Game wizard, when you select a board to add to the map for the first time it only shows a part of the image from the top left, like it only shows 1 tile. If you select it again, resize the wizard window, then it will display the entire image for the rest of the session. When you close and re-open the module it will again only show a part of the selected board first.

How it shows:

How it should show:

Thus spake burzum51:

“uckelman” wrote:

Thus spake burzum51:
(That’s the link to the page on github btw, not to the test builds.)

Sorry but you lost me, i should check the lastes source code on the SVN
or on the git ?

Neither. I was asking for people to try the test builds.

J.

Thank you—this is very helpful. It suggests that there’s something in BoardPicker which needs adjustment for HiDPI support which I didn’t spot on the first pass. I will see about that this evening and hopefully upload a new build tonight.

I’ve fixed the problem with the BoardPicker (which turned out to be in BoardSlot, not BoardPicker itself). The current test build is now 3.3.0-svn9325, available in the same place.

It looks like you’re having an error while trying to play a sound. Are you able to reproduce this in 3.2.17 as well, or just in the 3.3.0 test build?

VASSAL 3.3.0-svn9324

Commands & Colors Napoleonic Module v3.42. on MacBook, macOS Catalina 10.15.4

I have found that the card selection has been broken. More often that not, selecting the card deck results in the selection button disappearing (as normal) but no deck appearing. UnDo/Re-do results in same. Sometimes, it works as normal.

Two logs illustrated the correct and the dis-functional behaviour.
Correct: dropbox.com/s/ie3afy9g6x8ap … .vlog?dl=0
Incorrect: dropbox.com/s/t5o1yj3o0wv63 … .vlog?dl=0

In 9325 this issue is fixed.

I have tested this on my macOS 10.15.4 iMac 5K and I see the same problem in 9325. I tried the same module in VASSAL 3.2.17 and it works every time. But on 9325 it only works sometimes.

I have been using a computer that I don’t usually use for testing, though it was running 3.2.17 without me noticing any crashes before. So, I re-installed 3.2.17 - can’t reproduce the error. Using 3.3.0, I almost immediately got it.

This module does generate a dice rolling sound, in case that is relevant.

Ignore this one. I am using a backup computer for testing 3.3.0. Fixed it by transferring prefs from my main computer (apart from one module that I assume I managed to mess up on both systems). So despite best efforts, I assume I just didn’t remember any of my module passwords.

3.3.0-svn9326 fixes PieceSlot rendering.

3.3.0-svn9329 fixes Inventory and ColorButton HiDPI rendering.

Hi,

I updated my source code and the class “VASSAL.tools.swing.SwingUtils” is missing. Can you add it to svn/git ?

Thanks

VASSAL version 3.3.0-svn9329

Platform. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Test using Commands & Colors Medieval module v1.4 and replicated using Commands & Colors Napoleonic module v3.42

Movement trails are not showing.

Can be replicated and demonstrated in log files. Same log file will show movement trails in Vassal v3.2.17 and yet not in v3.3.0-svn9329.
I did not notice this problem when I was testing v3.3.0-svn9324 (can check later if need be).

See attachment for an example C&C Napoleonics vlog that should show the problem.

VASSAL version 3.3.0-svn9329 - update to “crash” bug reported for VASSAL version 3.3.0-svn9323

I still experience the crash that I previously reported for C&C Medieval module. I can ask the developer of this module if there is anything particular about what it does, if that might help. I will also watch out for the problem in C&C Ancients as that was the starting point for the medieval module.

VASSAL version 3.3.0-svn9329

Platform. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Test using Commands & Colors Medieval module v1.4

Take picture function is broken.

Image taken with VASSAL version 3.2.17

Image taken with VASSAL version 3.3.0

Note “zoomed” partial view compared to same function performed using VASSAL version 3.2.17.

C&C Medieval vlog used to demonstrate behaviour:
[attachment=0]GI03-Vulturnus2 021.vlog[/attachment]

Thus spake burzum51:

Hi,

I updated my source code and the class “VASSAL.tools.swing.SwingUtils”
is missing. Can you add it to svn/git ?

I forgot to commit it last night. It’s there now. Thanks.

J.

Classes remaining to update for HiDPI support:

IconConfigurer
IconFamily
PropertySheet
Obscurable
NonRectangular
SetupStack
Visualizer
GridEditor
RegionGrid
HexGridNumbering