Cannot cope with Vassal, multiple windows all the time

Hello everyone,

Every module I play has the same problem, I have the most up to date Java although I’ve updated it many times over year or so I’ve had Vassal. I have the most up to date Vassal (non test one) and I update the graphics card drive all the time yet, I still struggle with the photographs as you can see. It makes the games unplayable :frowning: please help.

Wherever I move the mouse, loads of windows spawn (a copy of the game but it’s only an image it’s not real, the game is still in the same place this is just a visual distortion).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java, gfx driver and Vassal.

Thank you.

Thus spake tompk via messages:

Hello everyone,

Every module I play has the same problem, I have the most up to date
Java although I’ve updated it many times over year or so I’ve had
Vassal. I have the most up to date Vassal (non test one) and I update
the graphics card drive all the time yet, I still struggle with the
photographs as you can see. It makes the games unplayable :frowning: please
help.

Wherever I move the mouse, loads of windows spawn (a copy of the game
but it’s only an image it’s not real, the game is still in the same
place this is just a visual distortion).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java, gfx driver and Vassal.

What’s your OS? Version of Java?

Please post an errorLog from a run where this occurs.

J.

Hi J,

I will do that, it just happened but I just closed it damn sorry. I have Windows 10 and the latest Java which is v8 update 251.

I also have tried Beta2 of Vassal’s latest engine and within 5 minutes it started doing this…

I will play more now and send an error log

Okay it’s happened again already, I have attached an image and a log file but nothing from when error occurred, I’ll close Vassal and see if it logs anything.

I can see from your screenshot that the problem is affecting parts of the window which our code is not responsible for painting. That pretty much rules out VASSAL as the problem. The fact that the problem doesn’t happen immediately but starts after a few minutes suggests to me that you’re having memory corruption. Possible culprits are Java, your graphics driver, your OS, and your hardware.

okay thanks as it happens with every module, it is just vassal it happens to though, I will run a RAM test, I have kept my graphics card updated and Java other than that I don’t know what else to do :confused:

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Any luck?

Steve

Try 3.3.0. That’s using a newer version of Java on Windows than was used in any of the above reports.