launch_module.jnlp?

I’ve just reinstalled VASSAL onto a new computer and want to launch a module from a desktop icon. I’ve searched this forum and google, and apparently I’m supposed to use a file called “launch_module.jnlp” to do this. This file is supposedly located in the documents directory of the vassal install, but I don’t have such a directory, or at least can’t find it, and cannot find the file anywhere online. What’s up with this?

Hmmm, nobody can help me out? I’ve got VASSAL 3.0, and I’ve tried to load it several times, including the manual installer, and as far as I can tell this file is nowhere to be found.

Could someone please tell me how to launch a module directly from a desktop icon under WinXP? And if I have to have this file, could you tell me where to find it?

Thus spake “76mm”:

I’d recommend installing 3.1.0-beta3 instead, and making sure the the
module has the extension “.vmod”. If you do that, you’ll be able to
launch the module directly by clicking on it.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Dear Uckelman:

Thanks for the tip; I tried to find the beta version that you referred to, but cannot find it on the vassalengine web site. Could you tell me where to find it?

Thus spake “76mm”:

The release announcement is here, along with links:

vassalengine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=972

Keep in mind that this is a beta release, so there most likely are bugs.
(In fact, I know there are, since we’ve already fixed some since then.)
PLease report any bugs you encounter, so we can fix them by the time we
release 3.1.0.

J.

Messages mailing list

I seemed to encounter a bug after installing the beta version: once I opened a saved game I got one message box after another saying “File not Found…could not find file [many of my counter graphic files]’”. Most of my counter graphic files actually seemed to there, but some of them are missing. All of the graphics are PNG and in the same directory, so it seems very odd that only some of them cannot be found. For the counters that are missing, only the unit name (text) is visible, and the unit cannot be selected at all.

Thus spake “76mm”:

In order to troubleshoot this further, I’d need to see the module you’re
using.

J.

Messages mailing list