Stronghold module is now available.
I have uploaded a module for Quarriors! that I have been working on for a long time that is based on the existing module with many changes and additions.
The new module adds a spent and a locked area to the player board. It also adds many options for setting up the wilds including the ability to set up a game for Demons or with specific expansions or with no expansions.
Corrected some properties and added some omitted chits to the Blackbeard (AH) module.
Fixed a problem in Lincoln’s War with CSA, CSP going to the Battle Board and corrected the Chicago values to reflect the rules.
VASSAL has switched from phpns to WordPress for handling our news feed. In addition to a more attractive feed and a more robust system, we now have the capability to categorize posts and include images.
Should you notice any problems with the new news feed, please report them to email@example.com.
Release notes for Lincoln's War v2014a, 24FEB2014
- CSA cards going to Battle Board were ending up in the Union boxes, fixed
- Some keyboard commands using Shift+ caused gremlins, so all Shift+ keyboard commands have been removed.
NOTE: players using keyboard commands will not be able to do so until I find a proper solution. The mouse is, of course, still usable.
- A suggestion was made to have round CSP counters of another colour, done
- Fixed an issue with Sherman who would not promote. Some others were reported but could not be duplicated.
- All scenario setups are included, as well as a bare-bones start setup. Players should still go through the setups in the Playbook to ensure all conditions are met.
- Where feasible, identified cards, counters and markers were placed in hands, on the map or if their placement was up to the player, near that side's draw deck.
- Scenario 4 (Lee's 2nd Invasion) has all the listed cards (errata taken into account) already in the hands. Follow the selection procedure as outlined in the Playbook. Unusable CSP cards are masked.
- Scenario 5 (Confederate High Water Mark) Union fleet selection and PC status are not done. There were too many variables. The union player will have to decide and act accordingly. CSN and Cruiser reinforcements are located on the turn track.
Betrayal at House on the Hill has been updated.
New features! New Scenarios! What are you waiting for?
Lincoln's War can be downloaded from this site.
The Vassal module for Submarine has been updated.
- All-new charts and logs
- Configurable, virtually limitless play area with 3 new maps
- DYO versions of every vessel, including an aircraft
Good news! VATS 3.02 is now available for download.
This version includes some bug fixes and a full reorganization of the counter panels. The extension for ATS Stalin's Fury is also completed and available.
The extension for ATS Hill of Blood has been updated to reflect VATS 3.02 structure, so be sure to replace any older version of HoB you may have.
All the files are available for download through the Critical Hit website in the usual way, with ownership a continuing requirement for download.