A Uhlan Games rendition of Avalon Hill‘s Chancellorsville game has been posted. The Vassal module has been built to allow play with several published variants for the original and the 2nd Edition Chancellorsville game rules.
(The Four Roads to Richmond games added by Avalon Hill are not included.)
The VASSAL Team is happy to announce the release of VASSAL 3.3.0-beta4.
- This is a beta release. Things may be broken which worked in 3.2.17. If you find a bug introduced since 3.2.17, please report it.
- If you save a module in VASSAL 3.3, you will NOT be able to open it afterwards with VASSAL 3.2. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.3 modules you plan to modify in 3.3 until you’ve verified that everything works to your satisfaction.
- Some modules containing custom drawing code may render incorrectly on HiDPI displays. If you are the maintainer of such a module, let us know and we can advise you about what needs updating for 3.3 in your code. (We are aware already that VASL has this problem and are working with its maintainers to update it.)
Changes since 3.3.0-beta3
- 12973: Unnecessary NullCommands being generated by Trigger Action
- 12861: Improved behavior of Zone editor
- 12825: Send keep-alive to prevent disconnection
- 12817: Right-clicking on unexpanded stacks no longer selects top piece
- 12816: Splitter between chat and map panes starts with map obscured
- 12805: Upgraded Batik from 1.12 to 1.13
For changes prior to this release, see the change log.
VASSAL 3.3 requires Java 11 or later.
The Windows and Mac packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems.
Help us test
Should you find any problems/oddities/bugs, please tell us so that we can fix them for a future release of VASSAL. Report bugs here in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forums or by email.
The VASSAL Team
Crossing the Line – Aachen 1944, Vassal module version 2.0, is now available.
A new Vassal mod for Babylonia is now available for download.
San Marco, published by Ravensburger and designed by Alan R. Moon and Aaron Weissblum is now available as a Vassal v3.2.17 vmod.
The Jaws of Victory, a New England Simulations Korsun Pocket game, has been released.
Strike of the Eagle has been updated to v1.3 and is now available.
Imperium Romanum II Vassal module version 3.0 is now available. This version improves the power and mobilization boards.
Vassal module version 1.3 is now available for Avalon Hill‘s Source of the Nile from 1978. The update fixes the Blank Label issue.
Updated all World at War 85 modules, including the Starter Kit, with many corrections and additions, including several suggested by the wargaming community:
- LOS tool now dims unit counters and markers, rather than making them invisible
- Added ‘Attack’ tool that works similar to the LOS tool, indicating which unit is attacking, including ‘From’ and ‘To’ hexes
- Removed visible hex numbering, since the maps have the hex numbers in the artwork; hex numbering still reported
- Changed FFE marker from sticky to regular marker; FFE marker can now be placed on top of stack
- Added additional zoom factors to make viewing multi-map configurations possible
- Added right-click option to ‘Add HQ’ to all transport and amphibious transport units; also added to WGER Munga 106MM RR units
- Added right-click option for placing Missile markers on relevant units; cycles through Reloading, Low Ammo, Out of Ammo
- Added right-click option to Recon units to ‘Spot Concealed’ units at a distance of 5 hexes
- Added right-click option to Helo units for ‘Nap of the Earth’ and ‘Landed’ markers
- Added right-click option to all vehicle units to ‘Place Wrecks’ marker at bottom of stack
- Added a ‘6-dice’ button to the toolbar
- Added the Notes window to the toolbar