[messages] [Module Design] Re: module ownership

uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Jul 27 14:43:58 MST 2010

"fil512" wrote:
> I apologize if this is answered in a FAQ somewhere.
>
> Are the module source code available somewhere?  Are they controlled
> by the original author?  Say a module owner is no longer interested in
> maintaining a game--is there a way to change management of the code
> for that module?

This is something we don't have a formal policy on. If you're talking
about custom Java classes for a module, most of those I've seen have
been released without any license information (which is bad practice,
but I think most module designers aren't aware that they should).

If you're just talking about maintainership for a module---module pages
in the wiki should list who the current module maintainer is. Lots of
modules don't have maintainers right now. I suspect that players would
be grateful to have their modules maintained if you wanted to volunteer.