[messages] [Developers] How do you upgrade a saved game

fil512 ken.stevens at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 27 16:59:16 MST 2010

I'm fixing a bug in the TTA module.  It has prefab games with reduced
number of cards for 2 player and 3 player games.  These are vsav files.
Problem is, when I run my upgraded version of the TTA module, as soon as
I select 2 player game, it loads the 2 player save file which does not
contain any of my fixes.  I could rebuild the 2 player and 3 player
start games, but it would be a lot of work.  Is there a way to upgrade a
save file to a newer version?

P.S.  I tried creating and running an updater.jar, but when I ran it
alone nothing happened.  When I ran it as java -jar updater.jar I got
the following error.  But I figured it was a longshot to expect
updater.jar to look inside the module for saved games and update all of
them...

VASSAL/tools/io/IOUti
ls
        at VASSAL.tools.ZipUpdater.write(ZipUpdater.java:150)
        at VASSAL.tools.ZipUpdater.main(ZipUpdater.java:386)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: VASSAL.tools.io.IOUtils
        ... 2 more