[messages] [Module Design] Re: Designing Dice

Dr_Nostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Tue Jul 27 19:55:58 MST 2010

"Nico" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with triggering a die roll.
>
> I have a counter, when a specific command is chosen a marker is placed
> under the counter. In the field "apply the keystroke after placing a
> marker" I have put a key command which is responsible for rolling a
> die, but it doesn't work. Should I add something more, some global
> command or something? Thanks!

The "apply the keystroke after placing a marker" would apply to the
marker only. What you need to do is include a Global Hotkey trait in the
marker to set off the die roll.

For example, let's say you're using a CTRL D to roll your die ...and
let's say you're applying a keystroke to the marker of CTRL 1.  You
would then have a Global Hotkey trait on the marker that would accept
Keyboard Command CTRL 1 and fire off Global Hotkey CTRL D.