[messages] [Developers] Named Key Strokes

fil512 ken.stevens at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 29 08:42:40 MST 2010

The thing that struck me the most odd about the VASSAL programming
language is that function calls are implemented via keystrokes.  I'm
clearly not the only one who thought this was strange, as I see support
for "Named Key Strokes" in the code implemented by a gentleman named
Brent Easton.

The thing that's not clear to me is how the end-user is to enter a Named
Key Stroke.  If I type a name, the field just keeps cycling through each
key that I press.  How do you enter a name for a named keystroke?  I had
a quick look through NamedHotKeyConfigurer.keyPressed() and I see the
support for it there, but I can't figure out how to get it to work...

Thanks,
Ken