[messages] [Developers] Re: [Developers] Re: question about delete and or

fil512 ken.stevens at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 29 09:32:41 MST 2010

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake fil512:
> The more discussions I see of the way that traits work, the more I
> think
> that we need to overhaul it to make it more consistent...

I agree with you that consistency is the best route whenever possible.

However, there are probably good, practical reasons why VASSAL has made
exceptions to consistent trait order execution.  But if you are going to
make exceptions, then you really need to write down the rules for people
so we know how it works.  Otherwise module designers will code via trial
and error, and guesswork which will result in them feeling frustrated
and it will also result in convoluted modules.  I'm really happy to hear
that someone is working on updating the Reference Manual.  That's hard
work, but the benefits to the community will be enormous.