[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: VASSAL portable?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Jul 29 11:35:49 MST 2010

Thus spake Thomas Russ:

> I was waiting for that documentation information to make the migration
> over to the new server.  I just assumed that it hadn't happened yet.
>
> So perhaps I should ask if the old documentation pages are going to
> migrate?
> Or does the format need to change for the new Wiki?
>
> In any case, is there some way to still access the old information?  I
> may be able to find some time to move stuff over by copy and paste if
> that's what needs to be done.

I have a memory of importing all of the old wiki pages into the new wiki.
I'm not asserting that this memory is necessarily accurate, but I have it.

Yep: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Special:AllPages

Some of these are pages in Tim's DeleteMe category (part of the module
library migration). The rest are... assorted stuff from the old wiki.
There are probably a few stragglers which weren't uploaded for some reason
or other---I have those sitting in a directory and will get to them sooner
if I have somebody doing general wiki cleanup.

You can probbaly see all of these pages in the Cleanup category, too:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Category:Cleanup

What really needs doing is for someone to organize all the documentation
stuff into something usable... Right now, it looks rather uncurated. You
don't need to do it all---what I was hoping for was someone to take the
lead and round up some volunteers.