[messages] [Developers] Re: question about delete and order

fil512 ken.stevens at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 29 19:03:12 MST 2010

OK, I think I'm getting really close to getting this now.  Let me see if
I've got it right.

1. When a keystroke enters a piece, the traits are visited in a
particular order to see if they're interested in that keystroke, and if
they are interested, they execute.
2. When a keystroke enters a piece, the behaviour is identical
irrespective of the origin of that keystroke.  The keystroke could have
come from the player, from a global key command, from an action button,
or from a trigger within the piece.
3. The order traits are visited is as follows.
3a. First all non-triggers are visited.  This happens starting at the
bottom of the list going up.
3b. After all the non-triggers are visited, then all triggers are
visited, starting at the top of the list of triggers going downwards.

If that's all there is to it, then it's actually pretty simple.  "Inner"
and "Outer" don't even enter into the picture!

Have I got it right?

Ken