[messages] [Developers] Re: [Developers] Vassal code maintainability

fil512 ken.stevens at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 29 21:04:53 MST 2010

"Tim M" wrote:
> The road map should answer a lot of stuff for you. What the NIO stuff
> is for
> - other code your looking at but isn't in use yet etc..
>
> You can view that here
> http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Roadmap[1]
>
> Joel and Mike can answer in more specifics

Cool!  Nice to see layering is already on the list.  Even if nio is in
beta, it should still be possible to include it as a jar instead of as
source no?  Didn't see unit tests on the list.  I don't know how you
guys manage to avoid breaking modules without unit tests...  And I
didn't see the visitor pattern stuff on the list either.

Here's another one:

5. Any thought of moving to Maven as the build engine?  With Maven you
get a bunch of cool stuff for free like Sonar.  Mmmmmm Sonar... Sonar
would help dramatically with any layering initiative.  You could use
JDepend, but the Sonar UI is so much nicer.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Roadmap