[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: VASSAL portable?

Kingmaker dtallarek at web.de
Sat Jul 31 02:47:33 MST 2010

Ok, back to the original theme. I've managed to make VASSAL portable and
use it in PortableApps. This is how I made it:

1. I've installed the Java Portable
(http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/java_portable[1]) and the Java
Portable Launcher (http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ ...
e_launcher[2]) on my USB stick (which allready contained the
PortableApps System).
2. Then I've installed the current release of VASSAL for "other"
operating systems.
3. I've wrote a little AutoHotkey Makro to start the Java Portable
Launcher and load the vengine.jar, so that I can start VASSAL with one
click.

So long it works fine, but I would appriciate if somebody doublecheck it
and give me a feedback if this is correct. I'm not quiet sure if it is
enough to just load the vengine.jar.
Thanks!   :)

[1] http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/java_portable
[2] http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/java_portable_launcher