[messages] [Module Design] Re: [Module Design] Restricting Edit Module Acces

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Nov 1 11:11:48 MST 2010

Thus spake mkiefte:

> To make gobs of cash, of course.  It's not really worth it, however.
>
> I think what Joel's concern is that if companies ever got into the idea
> of copyprotecting modules, it would be to the detriment of the entire
> industry.

That's *part* of my concern, yes.

Another part is that I don't want to leave anybody with the impression
that real copy protection is possible. If someone is telling you that
you can't access something that your computer clearly must be able to
in order for it to work, then they're selling you a bill of goods.

But I really would like to understand the original poster's reasons.