[messages] [Module Design] Replace a single piece with multiple pieces

mycenae ed at crucible.cc
Wed Nov 3 14:31:53 MST 2010

I have a module where a card drawn determines the number of units the
player receives when the card is played.  Typically, this is 1 piece,
but sometimes, more rarely, it's multiple pieces.

I want to use a Replace by Other trait on cards to swap the card for the
single pieces. Card is discarded, unit appears in its place. Simple and
easy enough.

However, doing this to summon multiple pieces is more problematic. Is
there a way to set up Replace by Other to replace the card with multiple
pieces? Seems like if I use a trigger, it will only work for the first
piece and not for the succeeding ones. Or is there some other trait I
might be using here?

Any ideas?