[messages] [Module Design] Move piece onto another piece, then send target to new map

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 10:42:22 MST 2010

I feel like I have a trait order problem or an issue with a Trigger, but
I've tried this about a half dozen different ways and can't get it
working. On the main game map I have a bunch of At-Start Stacks, each of
which contains a VP marker that can be claimed. I'll narrow this to just
one case to keep it as simple as possible.

I have an Explorer piece. One of his submenu commands is "Amazon River".
This action changes the Global Property __AmazonDiscovery__ from an
initial value of "none" to "Hapsburg". Using a test message, I know that
the GP is being set to the correct value by the Set Global Property
trait. Then the Explorer piece uses a Send to Location to teleport onto
the Amazon River VP marker in its At-Start Stack. This all works just
fine.

My intent is to send this Amazon River marker off to a named zone on a
different map board once it gets claimed. It has a Trigger set up where
the property match is "AmazonDiscovery = Hapsburg". Once the property is
matched, it executes a Perform Keystroke to do the Send to Location
action.

Unfortunately the Amazon River marker just stays in place. I can
right-click and successfully send it to the other map board--the only
part that isn't working is it moving there __automatically__ once the
Explorer piece has altered the GP and moved.

Here's a link to the module: Here I Stand module on Google Docs[1]

Grab one of the yellow explorers from the stack in the upper left, then
try the Amazon River action. The destination is supposed to be the
Hapsburg Bonus VP box on the Power Cards map board.

[1] https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4TLxEsYnDfKMmZkOTY5MWEtOTFlZS00YmIzLWFhNDQtNjgxNGNiMTk2YmU2&hl=en&authkey=CJe9nooN