[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Max Heap Size Too Large

sturdivant marksturdivant18 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 10:22:04 MST 2010

We have a Dell computer
Pentium R4 CPU 3 GHz
504 MB RAM
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Java V6 Update 22
Vassal Version 3.1.14
Barbarossa: Kiev to Rostov V03.vmod

When we open the file, by double clicking on the icon, we get a pop up
window that says, "The maximum heap size stored in your Preferences for
this module is too large. In particular, the maximum heap size must be
less than the amount of physical RAM in your machine. The failsafe
initial heap size of 128MB will be used instead. Please decrease the
maximum heap size in your Preferences, and restart VASSAL"

I have changed the maximum heap size to 128 MB but the same message
still pops up. I also changed the initial size, that didn't help either.
Now I don't remember what the initial size should be.

Thanks, Sturdivant