[messages] [Module Design] Hiding sub-menus?

mycenae ed at crucible.cc
Fri Nov 12 13:13:47 MST 2010

I've been updating many of my older modules using the Restrict Commands
trait, so that right-click command menus are more context-based, and
commands will only show up when appropriate. For example, piece setup
commands will only show up at game start, battle-type commands only show
up in battle, etc. This makes long command menus a lot easier to use,
because unnecessary commands aren't shown.

The drawback is that if the hidden commands are organized into
Sub-menus, the sub-menu headers will still show. So is there a way to
also hide sub-menus? It actually becomes a little confusing when the
commands on a sub-menu are all hidden, but the sub-menu header isn't--to
a user, it looks like something is broken or missing.

if it's not currently possible to set conditions for hiding a sub-menu,
this would be a nice enhancement for either the Restrict Commands trait
or for the Sub-menu trait.