[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Unable to run Vassal

LGH master.lanz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 15:33:50 MST 2010

I installed vassal with no problems, but when I go to run it, it
flickers an hourglass for a second, then nothing happens. I've restarted
and run it, and I've checked the task manager as well, it just doesn't
appear to be starting. I checked the FAQ and couldn't find anything that
looked like this problem, but this isn't a problem I've had with other
programs, so I'm not sure if it's my system, or something else. I'm on a
Lenovo Thinkpad(Laptop Windows PC), which has given me problems once or
twice with other programs, but only when trying to run things
fullscreen.

Does vassal require being connected to the internet to run, as well? I
know it's generally played online, but are you unable to run the program
at all if you aren't connected?