[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Unable to run Vassal

uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Nov 18 14:33:05 MST 2010

"LGH" wrote:
> I installed vassal with no problems, but when I go to run it, it
> flickers an hourglass for a second, then nothing happens. I've
> restarted and run it, and I've checked the task manager as well, it
> just doesn't appear to be starting. I checked the FAQ and couldn't
> find anything that looked like this problem, but this isn't a problem
> I've had with other programs, so I'm not sure if it's my system, or
> something else. I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad(Laptop Windows PC), which has
> given me problems once or twice with other programs, but only when
> trying to run things fullscreen.
>
> Does vassal require being connected to the internet to run, as well? I
> know it's generally played online, but are you unable to run the
> program at all if you aren't connected?

Hi, I think you didn't see either of the posts in reply to your
question, due to a problem with the bridge between the mailing list and
the forum. In particular:

Please follow the instructions in this post and let us know what you
find:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3419#p19964[1]

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3419#p19964