[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Black border lines appearing on images.

Robbie peteroberts1 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 22 08:54:34 MST 2010

I think I have resolved my problem, but I am far from understanding what
has been going on.

The method I used for creating the image files was to create a XCF file
using GIMP with several layers, some of which were redundant to the
final image and were therefore turned off but not deleted. The image was
then saved as a GIF file.

By a process of elimination it would appear that if I delete the unused
layers in the XCF file and then save as a GIF file I no longer have the
problem.

So although I have solved the problem I do not understand it, I am
specifically perplexed as to why I was seeing the black edge lines but
others who loaded the extension did not – I would be interested in any
thoughts.