[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Preferences keep re-setting.

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Mon Nov 22 13:02:01 MST 2010

On Nov 21, 2010, at 5:49 AM, Dazooz wrote:

> When I set my preferences in a module, then play a game then close out
> the program everything is fine until I go to open the module again and
> the preferences have reverted back to their default settings.  How
> do I
> get my preferences to stay?

The preference should automatically be saved, unless there is
something that prevents writing of the file.  This can often be a
permissions problem.

What type of computer and operating system are you using?

What is in the error log file?  You can find it in the Vassal folder
in your home folder.  It is called "errorLog".