[messages] [Module Design] Re: I have a simple question about global key commands and decks

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Thu Nov 25 04:44:34 MST 2010

In the [Deck] properties, there's an entry for "Include command to send
entire deck to another deck". You can set up a specific key for each
deck. When selected, you can add information to create a menu button, if
you like, and a hot key.

Since the hot key you're applying to this deck is a global hot key, if
you wish to use a game component to perform this action (card, button,
etc), then you can use a Global Hotkey trait on that component to
trigger the movement of the deck.

If you wish to move several decks at once, you would use a Trigger
Action trait to fire several Global Hotkeys ...one hotkey for each each
deck.

Example based on your description:

DeckA [Deck]

DeckB [Deck] (Include command to send entire deck to another deck) -
Checked
   Send Hotkey - ALT B
   Name of deck to send to - DeckA

DeckC [Deck](Include command to send entire deck to another deck) -
Checked
   Send Hotkey - ALT C
   Name of deck to send to - DeckB

DeckD [Deck](Include command to send entire deck to another deck) -
Checked
   Send Hotkey - ALT D
   Name of deck to send to - DeckC

Let's say you're using a game piece set up as a button to trigger the
deck switches. Your game piece would have the following traits. Keep in
mind that I'm listing them in the order they would execute but traits in
a game piece operate from the bottom up. So, the first item listed here
would the last item in your trait list on the piece.

Action Button
   Fires - CTRL 1

Trigger Action
   Keystroke - CTRL 1
   Perform these keystrokes
      CTRL B
      CTRL C
      CTRL D

Global Hotkey
   Keyboard Command - CTRL B
   Global Hotkey - ALT B

Global Hotkey
   Keyboard Command - CTRL C
   Global Hotkey - ALT C

Global Hotkey
   Keyboard Command - CTRL D
   Global Hotkey - ALT D

This should send DeckB to DeckA, then DeckC to DeckB, then DeckD to
DeckC.