[messages] [Module Support] Out of Synch Global Properties?

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Thu Nov 25 08:34:04 MST 2010

If two people are connected to a game, is it possible for the value of a
Global Property to be different between the two players?

The reason I ask, is because I'm making a module of the old French card
game, Mille Bornes and I've run across an interesting glitch.

Each player has an area on the table top to place their mileage cards.
When a card is placed, a trigger automatically updates the total miles
among all the cards in his mileage area and displays the total. This
display uses a label trait that displays the global property of that
player's current miles traveled.

It works fine. However, if I place a mileage card in my mileage area,
the total updates and displays properly. But, what my friend sees is a
quick flash of the total mileage and then it resets back to zero. Vice
versa, if he plays a mileage card, his display is fine but I still see
zero miles. Since this label is directly linked to the value of a Global
Property, how can the display be different on the two machines?